Fine motor skills are the ability to make movements using the small muscles in our hands and wrists. We rely on these skills to do key tasks in school, at work, and in everyday life.
These NEW jumbo pegs are perfect for developing the small muscles in the hands that are required for handwriting. These giant pegs are 7.5cm long and 1.8cm wide. They follow our colour mapped phonic system and will help your children to blend and read words and sentences quickly.
You will receive:
5 wooden pegs (containing one red, orange, yellow, green and blue star)
Flashcards are sold separately.
How to use them:
- Read the word on the flash card
- find the corresponding pegs
- place the pegs on the flash cards to build the word
- Write the word on the flash card
- Use them to match and peg phonic flash cards onto a washing line.
- Build words on a paper plate
- Ask the children to peg them onto a cardboard box
You may want to upgrade to the full pack with phases 2, 3 and 5 https://www.funphonics.education/product/early-years-fine-motor-wooden-pegs/
We have many other teaching ideas for you to watch on our Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgxyO62Q29-DCuoikZidmZw