Phase 5a ping pong balls are a great addition to any classroom or home.
Simply put them in a bowl and ask children to grab and read:
- Put them in water and fish for them
- Post them down cardboard tubes
- Play catch with them
- Throw them into a bucket
- Any kind of sand/ messy play tray just for hiding, finding and saying the sounds they’re holding.
- Roll them across the classroom and the one who catches it must say the sound they are holding.
- Pass a few around a circle in a drawstring bag and get each child to pull one out and say the sound they have. There are many ways to play with this one resource!